Hello HHS Class of 70,
Yes, we all have survived many good and challenging things over the last 50 years. Vietnam, Beatles break up, Watergate, Concorde, Bill Gates and Microsoft, Jimmy Carter and home mortgages interest up to 18%, '87 stock market tanks, Apple computer and Steve Jobs, personal computers, Saddam Hussein, Three Mile Island, Ronald Reagan, Berlin wall falls, John Lennon shot, Titanic found, AIDS, Chernobyl disaster, space shuttle Challenger explodes, Gulf War, Oklahoma City federal building bombing, O.J. Simpson, flat screen TV's, Princess Dianna killed, Harry Potter, 1998 Google begins, Y2K, 2000 International space station, September 11th, 2002 Homeland Security, Iraq war, 2004 Facebook founded, 2005 Katrina hurricane, Anthrax, airport security, subprime mortgage collapse for homes, 2007 iPhone, internet, 2008 DOW plunges, Obama, Gulf of Mexico oil spill, 2011 Bin Laden killed, Snowden,Trump, wildfires, and many other crazy and good things over the last 50 years. WE CAN ALSO OVERCOME THIS Covid 19 pandemic!
The world is in a crazy situation. Let's start our 50-year reunion now.
1. Start the reunion now via telecommunications, web page (we are expanding our web site capabilities), emails, texts, phone calls, photos, etc...
2. The new plan, continue to use the web page highland70.com and start our reunion NOW via the internet, texts, phone calls, Facetime etc. -- any way we can communicate with our fellow classmates. This will be a year plus long reunion.
3. Continue to locate and invite fellow classmates to join the highland70.com web page.
4. Everyone please send in information you'd like to share about your life and pictures to the web page now. And continue to update through the next year and after. (Our web page will go on for several more years). Over a year plus time we should be able to connect with many of our classmates and have some enjoyment doing so. On the web you can also private message other classmates.
5. In a year's time, we will assess and hopefully be able to plan a gathering at Sugar House Park and the SL Country Club for August 2021.
6. Let's check in with each other and help each other through these challenging times and enjoy and share the good times past and present.
Kent S. Kirkham / 50-51 reunion chairman
Kirkham Properties, llc
Residential/ Commercial Building and Remodeling
1092 Eaglewood Loop
North Salt Lake, Utah 84054
We need your help!
Check the missing classmates list. You all know at least one or two people on the list. Reach out to them by text, phone call, email, or Facebook. Many of our classmates are on Facebook and just need a little nudge to join. Encourage them to join our website to help create our online memory book of Highland High 1970. The website is www.highland70.com
Together we can make the goal and beyond!